Frequently Asked Questions about e-Government system in Turkey (e-Devlet)
How do I get an e-Government? – How do I register for e-Government?
To access the e-Government system in Turkey (e-Devlet), you must go to the PTT (Turkish Post Office) with your Turkish residence permit card and ask for a password (e-Devlet sifresi). You can get it from PTT branches for 2 Turkish Liras. By entering the site, enter your ID number and password that you received from PTT, and consider a new password for yourself.
The condition for registration in the e-Government system in Turkey (e-Devlet) is to have a valid Turkish residence card or to have a certificate of protection from the Turkish government.
Remember that e-Government is very important in Turkey, so never share the password with a stranger.
What are the e-Government system services that foreigners in Turkey can benefit from?
The services provided to the citizens of the Republic of Turkey, Blue Card holders and foreigners who have a Turkey residence permit (or valid work permit) and foreigner ID number can be broadly grouped as follows:
- Information Services
- Integrated Electronic Services
- Payment Transactions
- Shortcuts to Institutions and Organizations
In addition, the sharing of information and documents between public institutions is provided by the services offered by e-Government.
Foreigners under temporary protection who are registered in the competent authorities of the Republic of Turkey and have a valid ID number starting with 99 can perform the following transactions through e-Government.
What services does e-Government provide?
20 services provided by e-Government in Turkey are:
- Social security and health insurance follow-up,
- Monitoring of working hours,
- Inquiry of criminal records and Creation of Judicial Record Documents,
- Court case file inquiry,
- Motor vehicle registration, vehicle tax, tax and follow-up of violations,
- Penalty Inquiry Written on the Vehicle Plate,
- Driver’s License and Criminal Inquiry Written to Persons,
- OGS (Automatic Pass System) Pass Information Inquiry,
- Fast Pass System (HGS) Account Information Inquiry,
- Monitoring of registered mobile phone lines under your name,
- Registration of IMEI for mobile phones entering the country from abroad,
- Tax debt follow-up,
- Obtaining information about agricultural land,
- Application to the Turkish Employment Agency,
- Follow-up of university registration and student documents,
- Making a BIMER Application,
- TCIP Policy Inquiry,
- Deed Information Inquiry,
- Address Change Notification,
- Citizenship proceedings.
In addition, to enter other services you can also enter e-NABIZ or MHRS, via your Turkish ID number and e-government password. e-NABIZ is a personal health record system where you can manage your personal health information. MHRS is a Central Physician Appointment System that provides examination appointment services to all health institutions and organizations affiliated to the Ministry of Health.